For the month of February, our church will be hosting a canned food drive for the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC. This multi-church, interfaith food drive is in honor of the three Muslim students that were tragic victims of a hate crime in Chapel Hill on February 10, 2015. After their death, the families of Deah Barakat, Yusor Abu-Salha, and Razan Abu-Salha established the Our Three Winners Foundation to continue their legacy by spreading a love for humanity and service to others.
Here is a list of the most needed items from the Food Bank:
* Canned Fruits, Vegetables, Meat, and Soup (Pop-top cans and low sodium a plus!)
* Whole Grain Pasta, Brown Rice, Dried Beans, and Cereal
* Peanut Butter
* For Infants: Pedialyte, Infant Cereal, Diapers, and Wipes
* For Kids: Fruit Cups, Juice Boxes, Granola Bars, Crackers,
* Popcorn and Sugar-Free Pudding Cups
* Non-Food Essentials: Hygiene Items, Household Items, and Paper Products
*No loose glass and plastic jars of baby food as they will have to be discarded due to health regulations. No refrigerated, frozen items, or produce.*
For a full list of the Food Bank’s donation items, please visit their website.
We will begin collecting donations Sunday, February 3 and will continue to receive all items until Friday, March 1. Please bring your donations to the stage in the Fellowship Hall. The final drop-off day is Saturday, March 2nd from 10-2pm at the Islamic Center of Raleigh. If you are available to help take donations to the Islamic Center that day, please contact Leah Reed at email@example.com.